Over time, the fender skirt may get damaged or discolored. Whatever your reason is to replace it, we are here to show you how.
HOW TO REPLACE A FENDER SKIRT
- Screw-gun with square bit
- 1/8”drill bit
- Razor Knife
- Shop rags and adhesive remover
- Caulk gun and RV grade silicone sealant
- Rubber gloves
- If the fender skirt is sealed start by cutting the sealant being careful to not damage the skirt metal.
- Remove the outer screws working towards the middle leaving one screw in the center.
- Removing any lower support screws.
- With your freehand grab hold of the fender skirt and remove the last screw.
- Clean the skirt-metal and remove old silicone.
- Pre-dill fender skirt holes if needed.
- Begin installing the fender skirt starting in the middle and working your way out.
- Attach lower support screws.
- Seal if needed.