With advancements in technology—the RV industry is starting to see a trend to tankless water heaters and Keystone RV is going all in! There are several advantages of using a tankless water heater:
1. Conservation of energy usage.
2. Hot water on demand-no recovery/heating period creating endless supply.
3. Increased control of temperature setting of water.
4. Off-grid capability, runs on very low amp draw and propane gas.
Master Technicians, Matt and Bart share some additional efficiencies when using tankless water heaters. They answer some frequently asked questions.
1. Since there is not a water tank-does this change my process for winterization of my RV? The water heater bypass valves for winterizing are no longer needed, this saves you a step in winterizing your RV.
2. What are some key tips I need to know on using a tankless water heater system? The rate of flow affects the temperature of the water as it is heated. For example… if you have the kitchen sink hot faucet turned fully on, the water has less time to heat as it is passing thru the heater. If you reduce the faucet flow you can maximize the heating of the water being used. Think of it this way…if you increase water flow you will have reduced water temperature…if you decrease the water flow you raise the temperature. You can also turn on the cold water with the hot to achieve the desired temperature.
3. Should I be concerned if the RV park has low water pressure? How will this affect my system? City water connections at RV parks can have low or varying water pressure. If this condition occurs and cannot be resolved, then we recommend filling the fresh water tank and using the onboard water pump.
4. If the system is "On-Demand", does that mean I will have HOT water instantly? Great question and the answer is NO. The tankless water heater must see a demand on the system before it turns on to heat. Turning on a hot water faucet allows the water heater to sense the demand. Which starts the water flow, ignites the burner, and then begins heating the water as it passes thru. Just like a traditional water heater, you will run the cold water out of the line till the hot water presents itself. The difference is, you get an endless supply of hot water and the burner turns off when the water is shut off. Unlike a traditional tank where the burner continues to run till the tank of water reaches its preset temperature and turns on and off multiple times a day to maintain that temp when it’s not being used.
Keystone RV listens to your camping needs and how you wish to camp better. With the added features and benefits of installing tankless water heaters, you now have more time with hotter water to enjoy your shower, regardless of how many campers are in your RV. Just another way Keystone RV helps you Camp Better!
Special thanks to JonesIn2Go for their help in making this video!