Camp Better with cleaner air. Master Technicians, Matt and Bart walk us through the steps to replace the Coleman AC air filter in an RV and the importance of doing so at least annually.
Newer filters have increased filter efficiency, the Coleman AC air filter now has a minimum efficiency reporting value or a MERV 9 rating. With the increased rating, more particles in the air can be removed. Particles such as dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and more.
IMPORTANT-for your safety, we recommend using a ladder to replace the filter. Remember-safety first!
Step by step guide on replacing the air filter:
- Loosen the thumbscrews
- Drop/lower the cover exposing the filter
- Notice the direction of the replacement filter (arrows will point to the direction the filter should be placed). The filter is similar to your home as a directional replacement — air flows up into the filter to remove particles.
- Remove the old filter and replace it with the new one. Make certain to watch the orientation and install it correctly. Again the arrow on the side of the filter is your reference for correct placement.
- Move the holders back in place to hold the filter
- Replace and install the cover back in place and tighten the thumbscrews.
That's it! Congratulations on changing your Coleman AC air filter.