Over time, the seal of your compartment door may become cracked or torn. This is how to replace it.
- Proper length of new Seal for the door
- Adhesive remover
- Isopropyl alcohol (or adhesive promoter)
- Rubber gloves
- Start by removing the old seal.
- Clean up the surface using adhesive remover and then prep the surface with alcohol
- Starting at the bottom begin to install the new seal. Work it around the corners until you arrive back at the bottom. Note: It’s important to install with the seam at the bottom of the door. If you install with the seam at the top, water has a better chance of making it thru and doing damage to your RV. Having the seal at the bottom leaves the water nowhere else to go but out and away.
- Now close the door and with a flash light make sure the door is sealed all around, if not you need to make adjustments as needed.