Step-by-step instructions to find out whether your RV has an EPDM or TPO roof.
- Locate overhead roof vent
- Remove vent trim ring to uncover a section of the roof stapled to the inside of the framed opening.
- If possible, remove a staple and look at both sides of the roof material.
- If one side is a white or dove color with black backing, the material is likely EPDM
- If the material is all one color, front and back, it is likely TPO. TPO may have a smooth or a fleece backing.
Watch the video below for more detailed instructions as well as an alternative method if the one above doesn’t work for you.