MADE FOR CAMPING
Solar power is quiet, has no moving parts, and is fueled by the sun for free. Best of all, it provides silent power in the evenings when you need it and recharges during the day when you're out.
- FREEDOM: Solar power allows RVers to use a 12V system and some appliances at "off the grid" campsites.
- QUIET: Unlike generators, solar is virtually soundless and can be run during campground quiet hours.
- EASY: Solar power requires no fuel and minimal maintenance. Generators require regular maintenance and refueling.
- GREEN: One more way that you can do your part to reduce your carbon footprint.
WHAT IS SOLARFLEX?
SolarFlex is a direct-from-the-factory solar power system that was designed and engineered specifically for Montana High Country RV models. This optional package comes with one (1) 265-watt solar panel; a Jaboni 30amp MPPT controller; and a 2,000 watt Magnum pure sine wave inverter. The system comes with four pre-wired inverted outlets. Because the SolarFlex system is installed by Keystone, it is fully covered by the Keystone warranty, as well as the warranties from the component suppliers.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of the Montana High Country SolarFlex system is that every coach is prepped so that owners can expand their solar capacity to suit their lifestyle — the wiring is in place and ready to go!
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT SOLARFLEX'S SOLAR PANEL?
The grid-style 265-watt solar panel operates at a higher voltage and provides more solar power than smaller, less advanced RV solar panels. The aluminum-framed panel features screwless corner joints to provide superior strength and extra protection from severe weather, including high wind, driving rain, heavy snow, and hail.
WHAT IS A 30AMP MPPT CONTROLLER?
SolarFlex's 30amp Jaboni Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) controller sits between the energy source (panels) and energy storage (batteries). The controller prevents overcharging by limiting the amount and rate of charge to your batteries. It also protects against battery drain by shutting down if the stored power falls below 50% capacity.
MPPT controllers go a step further by optimizing the conversion of solar energy to the best voltage for the specific batteries on the RV, providing more and better power generation.
The Jaboni 30amp MPPT controller protects batteries from overcharging with automatic temperature compensation and MPPT technology, delivering more power to your batteries when you need it most. The internal DC to AC converter provides up to 40% more power than Pulse Width Modulated digital regulator (PWM) technology.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE 2,000 WATT INVERTER?
The inverter turns the low-wattage DC power produced by the solar panels (and stored in the batteries) into AC that runs most appliances. Montana High Country's 2,000-watt inverter sends power to the living area TV, refrigerator, and outlets in the kitchen and bedroom. These outlets can be used for small appliances like a coffee maker, blender, hairdryer, or CPAP machine.
JPP-265 SOLAR PANEL
ELECTRICAL (STANDARD TEST CONDITIONS — IRRADIANCE 1000W/M(2); AM: 1.5; TEMPERATURE: 25°F)
- 265w Maximum Power (Pmax)
- 30.6 Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp)
- 8.66 Maximum Power Current (Imp)
- 37.7 Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)
- 9.23 Short Circuit Current (ISC)
- -0.45%/ ° Temperature Coefficients of Pm
- -0.34%/ ° Temperature Coefficients of Voc
- +0.05%/ ° Temperature Coefficients of Isc
- 1000V Maximum System Voltage
- -40°F - 90°F Module Operating Temperature
- 60 (6X10) Cells (Pcs)
- 18kgs (40 lbs.)
JPP-SCC CONTROLLER SPECIFICATIONS
- Flooded & sealed lead-acid (SLA), Gel, Lithium-Ion Battery Types
- 12V System Voltage
- Enclosure Rating - NEMA Type 1 Equivalent (indoor, vented), IP20
- Input: Solar Voltage Range — 8-39 Vdc; Max. Solar Open Circuit Voltage — 39 Vdc; Max. Input Current — 30 Adc; Max. Wire Size — 10 AWG.
- Output: Battery Voltage Rande — 13.2-14.4 Vdc (Bulk - max. 30A; 14.4V; Absorb - constant 14.4 Vdc; Float, trickle - 13.8 Vdc); Max. charge current — 30 Adc; Rated Max Operating Power — 400w; Max. Power Limit — 500W; Max. Ripple — 100 mV; Max Wire Size — 10 AWG.
- Tropicalization — Conformal Coating
- Remote Display (Wired) — LED Indicators
- Charging Stages — Bulk, Absorption, Float, Trickle
- Battery Temperature Condensation — Capable
- 2,000W Output Power
- 4,000W Peak Watts
- 1-year Warranty
- 120VAC Output Voltage
- 33amps Output Peak
- 17 amps Output Current
- Pure Sine Output Waveform
- 60Hz Output Frequency
- Motor Starting Capacity NA
- 12V Input Voltage
- 17amps Continuous Output Amps
- 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F) Operating Temperature
- 90+% Efficiency
- 11.5 lb (5.2 kg)
- 16.3" x 9.1" 4.3" (41.4 cm x 23.1 cm x 10.9 cm)
- UL Certified
- High Frequency Topology
- 10-16 Input Battery Voltage Range