How To Help Your RV A/C Help You
The Dog Days of Summer are upon us and so is the extreme heat. Give your RV’s air conditioner every advantage by following these eight simple steps:
- Maximize “passive solar” and camp in the shade when possible. Simply parking under a tree will lower the interior temperature of your RV by several degrees and help your AC and your RV refrigerator run more efficiently.
- Extend your patio awning and window awnings, if you have them, and lower day/nights shade or blinds to keep the sun out and the cool in.
- Keep your A/C air filter clean—vacuum or wash the filter frequently, or replace when needed, to improve cooling efficiency.
- Give your A/C a head start by turning the air conditioner on early in the morning when it is cooler outside.
- Run your A/C on High Fan/Cooling mode to provide the maximum efficiency in high humidity and high temperatures.
- Avoid opening the exterior door unnecessarily.
- Cook outside when possible to avoid generating additional heat inside your RV. If you have an outdoor kitchen this is the perfect opportunity to put it to use.
- Take a dip in the pool or lake -- like ou need an excuse. :)