Beginning Fall 2021, all Keystone models will feature the company's all-new SolarFlex packages. Learn more about the new SolarFlex here. Check with your dealer for availability on specific makes and models.
More and more campers - both working age RVers and retirees -- have the itch to get off the grid. But building the right aftermarket solar system can be confusing. That's why Keystone Montana wanted to create an option that gives campers peace-of-mind, knowing that the solar outfit on their rig came from the same factory that produced their fifth wheel.
Anyone who has tried to add an aftermarket solar power system to their RV knows that it is complicated – which products are the best? How will they work together? Am I ready to completely rewire my RV or half-wire certain outlets to run solar? And why-oh-why can’t I run my A/C?
Introducing, Super SolarFlex™, the first comprehensive, advanced energy management system designed specifically for Keystone Montana luxury fifth wheels. It’s a solar power system that isn’t afterthought—it was our first thought.
These factory-installed components power every outlet, every appliance, anything that requires electricity. Fully warrantied, UL listed components, and RVIA code compliant installation.
Super SolarFlex™ is a turnkey solution that makes high-performance solar energy accessible to every Montana owner.
Super SolarFlex™ package includes:
JABONI POWER PRODUCTS SOLAR PANELS
- 1,000+ watts of solar collection
60 AMP OF MPPT SOLAR CHARGING CAPABILITY
- MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) technology maximizes power under all conditions, collecting more energy from the solar array than standard PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) systems
DRAGONFLY ENERGY™ GC3 LIFEPO4 LITHIUM ION BATTERIES
- Two best-in-class lithium ion batteries delivering a combined 510 amp hours of storage. Lithium ion batteries last longer, provide 2-3X more usable power, and are 80% lighter than lead acid batteries. With Super SolarFlexTM, owners have the option to add up to 510 AH of additional storage post-purchase.
- Designed and Assembled in the USA 3000-5000 cycles
- Built in Battery Management System (BMS) monitors all operating conditions of the batteries to ensure they operate properly
- Internal heating system allows cold temp charging at below freezing temperatures, enabling the battery to operate in any environment
FULLY ELECTRIFIED COACH WITH 3,000W MAGNUM HYBRID INVERTER CHARGER
- Powers every outlet, every appliance, every system in your Montana
- Dual, 50AMP pass-through transfer switch power what you want when you want, regardless of the available energy source (solar or shore)
- Directs shore power to charge batteries until electricity is needed in the coach, then diverts current automatically
PRECISION CIRCUITS™ ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- State-of-the-art load management system.
- Prevents inverter overload by monitoring energy consumption and temporarily disabling non-critical circuits
ADDITIONAL SYSTEM SAFEGUARD
- Precision Circuits™ Battery Guardian provides a second level of protection by disabling 12V circuits until adequate battery charge is achieved
VICTRON BMV-712 WITH VICTRON CONNECT
- Battery load monitor and easy-to-use smart phone app provides real-time monitoring and reduces energy anxiety
Coleman-Mach Powersaver A/C with integrated soft-start
The power required for air-conditioner start-up is Achilles’ heel of advanced energy systems, so Keystone’s engineering teamed up with Airxcel to design a soft-start air conditioner for Super SolarFlex™. This model is the only UL-listed soft start system on the market today. Additionally, the Coleman-Mach Powersaver series delivers maximum cooling and uses up to 40% less energy than conventional RV air conditioners.
Super SolarFlex™ is available as an option on every Montana model, and has a MSRP of $19,500. If you have questions about this package, feel free to reach out to Key Connect Product Advisor or contact your local Montana dealer.
For more on Super SolarFlex™ and Keystone's partners, check out the videos below.