HOT WEATHER PROTECTION
- Standard 15,000 BTU Main A/C and Exclusive Tuf-LokTM Duct Joiners – Exclusive Tuf-Lok thermoplastic duct-joiners allow maximum airflow from roof-installed ductwork.
- Optional 13,500 BTU Ducted Second A/C (N/A 22RBS) – Cougars have an optional ducted and thermostatically controlled 2nd A/C.
- Radiant Foil Barrier in Front Cap – Radiant foil reduces amount of radiant heat that can come from the units front cap during summer months.
HOT/COLD WEATHER PROTECTION
- Remote Temperature Probes and Gen. 3 In-Command – Provides more accurate temperature readings, has timed on/off procedures, and can be monitored and controlled from anywhere with a smartphone.
- Double Insulated Laminated Rear Wall – Cougar's exclusive design combines rolled fiberglass and a second layer of styrene insulation providing the best insulation for the RV.
- Insulated Gooseneck, Bulkhead divider, and Sealed Pin Box (5th Wheels) – Cougar comes with a fiberglass insulated gooseneck, bulkhead divider wall, and a foam gasket sealed pin box moderating the upper deck temperature.
- Insulated Slide Floors – Unlike basic radiant foil, Astro-Foil has air pockets for insulation installed into the slide floors, keeping the warm air in, and cold air out.
- Two Roof Attic Vents – In hot climates, attic vents help release hot air that often gets trapped under the roof decking. In cold climates attic vents help to release moisture, reducing the amount of condensation.
COLD WEATHER PROTECTION
- Heated Pass-Through Storage (fifth wheels) – Cougar places a heat register behind the convenience center in the pass-through storage to prevent water lines from freezing.
- 12 Volt Electric Heat Pads on All Holding Tanks – Provides additional heat to the holding tanks while camping in cold climates and can also be used while in transit.
- 35,000 BTU Furnace, and 5,500 BTU Electric Fireplace (most models) – Unlike most competitors, Cougars have a 35,000 BTU furnace and most models have a 5,500 BTU fireplace, providing over 40,000 BTU's of heat.
- Heated and Enclosed Underbelly – The sealed Coroplast underbelly has a layer of Astro-Foil insulation beneath the holding tanks, and fiberglass insulation above the tanks, while a heat duct is ran adjacent to the waterlines where heat is dumped around the fresh tank, keeping your tanks, waterlines, and gate valves from freezing.
- PEX Plumbing – Resistant to corrosion, pitting, and scaling, this residential plumbing is installed using fewer fittings, reducing potential leak points. PEX retains more heat in the hot water lines, while lessening condensation in the cold water lines than traditional copper or CPVC plumbing. PEX also expands up to three times its diameter if water in the lines freeze.
*All testing done in an environmental chamber in a static test environment. Results will vary with each floorplan based on environmental conditions.